Cancellations and Refunds
- Customer Cancellation
- i. As a general rule you shall not be entitled to cancel your order once placed. Cancellations or refunds may not permitted by Your Shef as all the food items sold on the Website and / or App are perishable.
- Non-Customer Cancellation
- i. Shéf reserves the right to charge you cancellation fee for the orders constrained to be cancelled by Shéf for reasons not attributable to Shéf, including but not limited to:
- a. In the event if the address provided by you is either wrong or falls outside the delivery zone;
- b. Failure to contact you by phone or email at the time of delivering the order booking;
- c. Failure to deliver your order due to lack of information, direction or authorization from you at the time of delivery; or
- d. Unavailability of all the items ordered by you at the time of booking the order; or
- e. Unavailability of all the items ordered by you at the time of booking the order. However, in the unlikely event of an item on your order being unavailable, Shéf will contact you on the phone number provided to us at the time of placing the order and inform you of such unavailability. In such an event you will be entitled to cancel the entire order and shall be entitled to a refund to an amount upto 100% of the order value.
- ii. In case of cancellations for the reasons attributable to Shéf or the merchant partner or delivery partners, Shéf shall not charge you any cancellation fee.
You may be entitled to a refund for prepaid orders post deduction of cancellation fee as described in Section 1.2 above or in a manner as deemed fit by Shéf in its sole discretion. You shall also be entitled to a refund of portionate value in the event packaging of an item in an order or the complete order, is either tampered or damaged and you refuse to accept at the time of delivery;
- i. You may be entitled to a refund upto 100% of the order value if Shéf Delivery Partner fails to deliver the order to you due to a causes attributable to Shéf, however such refunds will be assessed on a case to case basis by Shéf Note: We do not penalise the Delivery Partner for delay, caused due to external factors
- ii. Our decision on refunds shall be final and binding.
- iii. All refund amounts shall be credited to your account as may be stipulated as per the payment mechanism of your choice, the estimated timelines are detailed as below:
In event of Order Edit/ Compensation/ Payment Failure:
||Cards - Debit/Credit
||Amazon Pay (Wallet)
||Amazon Pay (CC/DC/NB)
||Phone Pe (Wallet)
||Phone Pe (CC/DC/NB)
* All refunds will be paid back to the source of payment within 7-10 working days.
In case of payment at the time of delivery, you will not be required to pay for:
- a. Orders where packaging is either tampered or damaged at the time of delivery;
- b. wrong order being delivered; or
- c. Items missing from your order at the time of delivery.
Provided the same is communicated to Shéf Customer Care before the order is marked delivered.
Terms of service
You agree and acknowledge that we shall not be responsible for:
- a. The services or goods provided by the home chef’s / Merchant including, but not limited, serving of food orders suiting your requirements and needs;
- b. The Merchant's services or goods not being up to your expectations or leading to any loss, harm or damage to you;
- c. The availability or unavailability of certain items on the menu; or
- d. The home chef’s / Merchant serving the incorrect orders.
The details of the menu and price list available on the Platform are based on the information provided by the home chef’s / Merchants and we shall not be responsible for any change or cancellation or unavailability.
You may not be able to avail our Services if your delivery location is outside our current scope of Service. We will keep you informed of the same at the time of confirming your order booking.
You understand that delivery periods quoted to you at the time of confirming the order is an approximate estimate and may vary. We will not be responsible for any delay in the delivery of your order.
You order will be only delivered to the address designated by you at the time of placing the order on the Platform. We reserve the right to cancel the order, in our sole discretion, in the event of any change to the place of delivery and you shall not be entitled to any refund for the same. Delivery in the event of change of the delivery location shall be at our sole discretion.
You shall undertake to provide adequate directions, information and authorisations to accept delivery. In the event of any failure to accept delivery, failure to deliver within the estimated time due to your failure to provide appropriate instructions, or authorizations, then such goods shall be deemed to have been delivered to you and all risk and responsibility in relation to such goods shall pass to you and you shall not be entitled to any refund for the same. Our decision in relation to this shall be final and binding.
You understand that our liability ends once your order has been delivered to you.
- a. You confirm that we shall not be responsible for any deficiency in payment of consideration payable towards the goods purchased from the Services.
- b. Each purchase on the Service shall contain necessary instructions to redeem the Services. The terms of the Services shall be governed by these Terms and any other terms as set out in such document confirm such sale of Service. You shall not be entitled to receive any credit, refund or cash back for the value of the goods sold if you fail to redeem the goods within the expiry date or in accordance with the terms therein.
- c. You agree and acknowledge that neither us nor the home chef’s / Merchant shall be liable in the event of you failing to adhere to the Terms.
- d. You might be required to provide your credit or debit card details to the approved payment gateways while making the payment. In this regard, you agree to provide correct and accurate credit/ debit card details to the approved payment gateways for availing the Services. You shall not use the credit/ debit card which is not lawfully owned by you, i.e. in any transaction, you must use your own credit/ debit card. The information provided by you will not be utilized or shared with any third party unless required in relation to fraud verifications or by law, regulation or court order. You will be solely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your credit/ debit card details. We expressly disclaim all liabilities that may arise as a consequence of any unauthorized use of your credit/ debit card.
We do not offer any refunds against goods already purchased from the Platform unless an error that is directly attributable to us has occurred during the purchase of such product or services.
If you use the Platform, you do the same at your own risk.
You agree that the Services shall be provided by us only during the working hours of the relevant home chef’s / Merchants.
We do not endorse any home chef’s / Merchant. In addition, although these Terms require you to provide accurate information, we do not attempt to confirm, and do not confirm if it is purported identity. We will not be responsible for any damage or harm resulting from your interactions with other Members.
By using the Services, you agree that any legal remedy or liability that you seek to obtain for actions or omissions of other Members or other third parties will be limited to a claim against the particular Members or other third parties who caused you harm and you agree not to attempt to impose liability on, or seek any legal remedy from us with respect to such actions or omissions.
If you choose to use the Platform, it shall be your responsibility to treat your user identification code, password and any other piece of information that we may provide, as part of our security procedures, as confidential and not disclose the same to any person or entity other than us. We shall at times and at our sole discretion reserve the right to disable any user identification code or password if you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
As we are providing services in the select cities in India, we have complied with applicable laws of India in making the Platform and its content available to you. In the event the Platform is accessed from outside India or outside our delivery zones, it shall be entirely at your risk. We make no representation that the Platform and its contents are available or otherwise suitable for use outside select cities. If you choose to access or use the Platform from or in locations outside select cities, you do so on your own and shall be responsible for the consequences and ensuring compliance of applicable laws, regulations, byelaws, licenses, registrations, permits, authorisations, rules and guidelines.
You shall at all times be responsible for the use of the Services through your computer or mobile device and for bringing these Terms and Shéf policies to the attention of all such persons accessing the Platform on your computer or mobile device.
You understand and agree that the use of the Services does not include the provision of a computer or mobile device or other necessary equipment to access it. You also understand and acknowledge that the use of the Platform requires internet connectivity and telecommunication links. You shall bear the costs incurred to access and use the Platform and avail the Services, and we shall not, under any circumstances whatsoever, be responsible or liable for such costs.
You agree and grant permission to Shéf to receive promotional SMS and e-mails from Shéf or allied partners. In case you wish to opt out of receiving promotional SMS or email please send a mail to support@yourshéf.in.
By using the Platform you represent and warrant that:
All registration information you submit is truthful, lawful and accurate and that you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information.
- i. Your use of the Platform shall be solely for your personal use and you shall not authorize others to use your account, including your profile or email address and that you are solely responsible for all content published or displayed through your account, including any email messages, and your interactions with other users and you shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and foreign laws, treaties and regulations, including those related to data privacy, international communications and the transmission of technical or personal data.
- ii. You will not submit, post, upload, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any content that: (a) is defamatory, abusive, harassing, insulting, threatening, or that could be deemed to be stalking or constitute an invasion of a right of privacy of another person; (b) is bigoted, hateful, or racially or otherwise offensive; (c) is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; (d) is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- iv. You will not (a) use any services provided by the Platform for commercial purposes of any kind, or (b) advertise or sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicit others (including, without limitation, solicitations for contributions or donations) or use any public forum for commercial purposes of any kind. In the event you want to advertise your product or service contact support@yourshéf.in.
- v. You will not use the Platform in any way that is unlawful, or harms us or any other person or entity, as determined in our sole discretion.
- vi. You will not post, submit, upload, distribute, or otherwise transmit or make available any software or other computer files that contain a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise impair or damage the Platform or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person or entity's use or enjoyment of the Platform.
- vii. You will not use another person's username, password or other account information, or another person's name, likeness, voice, image or photograph or impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity.
- viii. You will not engage in any form of antisocial, disrupting, or destructive acts, including "flaming," "spamming," "flooding," "trolling," and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet.
- ix. You will not delete or modify any content of the Platform, including but not limited to, legal notices, disclaimers or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, logos, that you do not own or have express permission to modify.
- x. You will not post or contribute any information or data that may be obscene, indecent, pornographic, vulgar, profane, racist, sexist, discriminatory, offensive, derogatory, harmful, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, malicious, abusive, hateful, menacing, defamatory, untrue or political or contrary to our interest.
- xi. You shall not access the Platform without authority or use the Platform in a manner that damages, interferes or disrupts:
Any part of the Platform or the Platform software; or
XIII. Access to the Platform, Accuracy and security
- a. any equipment or any network on which the Platform is stored or any equipment of any third party You release and fully indemnify Shéf and/or any of its officers and representatives from any cost, damage, liability or other consequence of any of the actions of the Users of the Platform and specifically waive any claims that you may have in this behalf under any applicable laws of India. Notwithstanding its reasonable efforts in that behalf, Shéf cannot take responsibility or control the information provided by other Users which is made available on the Platform. You may find other User's information to be offensive, harmful, inconsistent, inaccurate, or deceptive. Please use caution and practice safe trading when using the Platform.
- a. We endeavour to make the Platform available to during Merchant working hours. However, we do not represent that access to the Platform will be uninterrupted, timely, error free, free of viruses or other harmful components or that such defects will be corrected.
- b. We do not warrant that the Platform will be compatible with all hardware and software which you may use. We shall not be liable for damage to, or viruses or other code that may affect, any equipment (including but not limited to your mobile device), software, data or other property as a result of your download, installation, access to or use of the Platform or your obtaining any material from, or as a result of using, the Platform. We shall also not be liable for the actions of third parties.
- c. We do not represent or warranty that the information available on the Platform will be correct, accurate or otherwise reliable.
- d. We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw access to the Platform to you personally, or to all users temporarily or permanently at any time without notice. We may any time at our sole discretion reinstate suspended users. A suspended User may not register or attempt to register with us or use the Platform in any manner whatsoever until such time that such user is reinstated by us.
Relationship with operators if the Platform is accessed on mobile devices
- a. In the event the Platform is accessed on a mobile device, it is not associated, affiliated, sponsored, endorsed or in any way linked to any platform operator, including, without limitation, Apple, Android (each being an " Operator").
- b. Your download, installation, access to or use of the Platform is also bound by the terms and conditions of the Operator.
- c. You and we acknowledge that these Terms are concluded between you and us only, and not with an Operator, and we, not those Operators, are solely responsible for the Platform and the content thereof to the extent specified in these Terms.
- d. The license granted to you for the Platform is limited to a non-transferable license to use the Platform on a mobile device that you own or control and as permitted by these Terms.
- e. We are solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the Platform as required under applicable law. You and we acknowledge that an Operator has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Platform.
- f. You and we acknowledge that we, not the relevant Operator, are responsible for addressing any claims of you or any third party relating to the Platform or your possession and/or use of the Platform, including, but not limited to: (i) any claim that the Platform fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (ii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- g. You and we acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that the Platform or your possession and use of the Platform infringes that third party's intellectual property rights, we, not the relevant Operator, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
- h. You must comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement when using the Platform (e.g. you must ensure that your use of the Platform is not in violation of your mobile device agreement or any wireless data service agreement).
- i. You and we acknowledge and agree that the relevant Operator, and that Operator's subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that, upon your acceptance of these Terms, that Operator will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.